One day workshop
Calculating building costs has always been a challenge and is at the root of poor practice in the building industry - particularly residential projects. Measuring procedures and systems are generally simple and easy to adopt. This workshop equips delegates with tools that can be used immediately and more importantly knowledge that will help create and compile systems that meet particular requirements.
OUR PRESENTER - Architectural professional, lecturer, author and radio show host, Graham Alexander has been intricately involved in the building industry for over thirty years, informing and learning from the industry. He has passionately pioneered the principle of calculating building costs correctly.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Early bird discount: R1650 [book and pay by 31 May].
9 June 2016 - Blandford Manor, 106 Hyperion Drive, North Riding
Workshop Content, Objectives & Outcomes
- Module 1 - Understanding the building process (the
A - Z)
Understanding who is involved in the building process
- Module 2 - Reading drawings and understanding what is specified
- Module 3 - Measuring from drawings (part one)
- Module 4 - Understanding resources materials, labour, sub-contractors
- Module 5 - Understanding price build-ups
- Module 6 - Measuring from drawings (part two)
- Module 7 - Learning to build price build-ups
- Module 8 - Calculating quantities
- Module 9 - Pricing resources including labour costs
- Module 10 - Preparing specifications and tendering